Terms and conditions
- Labré advocaten is a partnership that consists of private companies with limited liability incorporated under the laws of The Netherlands and of natural persons (“partners”). A list of partners will be provided on request. These general terms and conditions are also stipulated in the interest of the partners, its directors, the lawyers working for Labré advocaten, other staff and third parties engaged by or on behalf of Labré advocaten in relation to the carrying out of any commission.
- These general terms and conditions apply to all commissions given to Labré advocaten by a principal within the context of the execution of its activities. All commissions, putting aside article 7:404 Dutch Civil Code and article 7:407 paragraph 2 Dutch Civil Code, are exclusively accepted and executed by the partnership Labré advocaten.
- 1. The joint liability of the partnership, the partners and its directors, the lawyers and the persons working for the partnership and third parties engaged by the partnership is, as a whole, always limited to the amount paid under the occupational liability insurance of the partnership in the case concerned, increased by the amount of the own risk that, pursuant to the policy conditions, is payable by the partnership in the case concerned. Upon request, these policy are open for inspection.
2. If and insofar as no payment is made in conformity with the above insurance for reasons that fall outside the specific circumstances of the present damage case, the joint liability of the partnership, the partners and its directors, and of the lawyers and persons working for the partnership and third parties engaged by the partnership as a whole will be limited to an amount of € 25,000,- or, in the event that the fee ex V.A.T. invoiced by the partnership in the matter concerned, ex V.A.T., is higher, to an amount equal to the fee with a maximum of € 50,000,- ex V.A.T.
- Labré advocaten is entitled to engage third parties in relation to the carrying out of any commission. The choice of these third parties will be made, insofar as possible, in consultation with the principal and with due observance of due diligence. The partnership is not liable for shortcomings of these third parties. Except in case of intention or gross negligence on the part of the partnership, the principal indemnifies the partnership against any claims of third parties, including the costs incurred by the partnership in relation thereto, which are in any way connected to the activities executed for the principal.
- 1. The execution of commissions given will take place exclusively in the interest of the principal. Third parties cannot derive any rights from the contents of the activities executed.
2. In the context of the present commission, Labré advocaten will process all personal data in accordance with the procedure described in the relevant privacy statement. This statement can be viewed on the website of Labré advocaten (www.labre.nl) by clicking the tab About Labré, and also contains information on the retention period for the file compiled for this commission.
3. By providing his/her e-mail address, the principal (and/or any contact or intermediary acting on his/her behalf) agrees that this e-mail address will be used by Labré advocaten to send newsletters and invitations for seminars and lectures. If he/she does not wish to receive such information, he/she can unsubscribe by sending an e-mail with this request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the newsletter or invitation.
- 1. The rates of the lawyers working for Labré advocaten vary depending on their expertise and specialist knowledge. The partnership is entitled to (periodically) change the rates used by it and the expense allowances stipulated by it. A list of the currently prevailing rates is provided on request.
- 2. Labré advocaten is entitled to request a retainer fee or an advance payment to cover for future services and disbursements. Labré advocaten is entitled to postpone (continuation of) the execution of the commission until the retainer of advance payment is received: Labré advocaten will inform the principal in good time if it is invoking this right.
- Invoices of Labré advocaten must be paid within 14 days, failing which the principal shall be in default. After the expiry of the term specified, Labré advocaten may charge the principal compensation due to loss of interest of 1% per month.
- 1. The legal relationship between the principal and Labré advocaten is exclusively governed by the law of the Netherlands.
2. Any disputes arising from the legal relationship between the principal and Labré advocaten to which these terms and conditions apply, will be exclusively settled by the competent court in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, without prejudice to the competence of Labré advocaten to bring disputes before the legally competent court.
- These general terms and conditions provided in Dutch and in English. The text of the Dutch terms and conditions prevails over the English text. The terms and conditions will be open for inspection at the office of Labré advocaten in Amsterdam and will be provided on request.